Question: Describe the various problem in unifying people in India by the end of the 19th century.
Answer: The nationalists made sincere efforts to unify people against the British Government. It was not an easy task to unify them. The following were some of the problems involved in the process:
1). The past history of India was based on facts about Hinduism and Hindu mythologies.
2). The images that were celebrated were drawn from Hindu iconography.
3). This made the people of other communities feel isolated.
4). Moreover, Mahatma Gandhiji’s leadership tried to channel people’s grievances into an organised movement.
5). However, there was participation from people belonging to different groups and classes each having their own aspirations and expectations.
6). Hence, the meaning of freedom from British rule was interpreted in different ways by different societies of people.
7). The demands of one group did not alienate each other.
8). It was the leaders who constantly worked to unite all classes of people and tried to resolve their grievances.
9). There were episodes of frequent disunity and conflicts between the different groups of people. Thus, unifying people with different views of freedom was difficult, but our leaders strived hard to free our country from the British clutches.
- Which act gave the government power to suppress political activity and detain political prisoners without trial?
- Why was a new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam? What were the limitations or drawbacks of the new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam?
- "Early Vietnamese nationalists had a close relationship with Japan and China''. Support your answer with three examples
- Explain any four major challenges faced by the Democratic Republic of Vietnam
- Explain any three features of Scholar of Revolt in 1868 in Vietnam
- Who was the founder of Hoa Hao Movements? Explain his contribution to his country
- Explain the role of women in the anti-imperial struggle in Vietnam
- Describe the entry of the US into the Vietnam War
- What was the impact of the Great Depression of 1929 on Vietnam?
- Describe the various step taken by the French for dismantling the Chinese influence on Vietnam
- Who were indentured labours? What were the working conditions for them in Vietnam?
- What was the social and economic composition of Indo-China in early times?
- There were two broad opinions on the new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam?
- Write a short note on the book, ‘The History of the Loss of Vietnam’?