Question: What was the impact of technology on food availability?
Answer: The G-77 was formed by 77 developing countries that demanded a New International Economic Order (NIEO) because they felt that they had not benefited from the fast growth as experienced by the Western countries between 1950 and 1960. These were the developing countries who wanted to have proper control over their natural resources, fair authority in the decision of its prices and a better opportunity to trade their goods in the market of the Western countries. They were also against apartheid and favoured global disarmament. Currently, there are 134 countries. The chairmanship is held by Egypt. In 2019, Palestine will occupy this position.
- What was the reaction of the people to the Rowlatt Act?
- Who led the Peasant Movement in Awadh during the Non-Cooperation Movement?
- Under whose leadership was the Non-Cooperation Movement started in the Gudem Hills of Andhra Pradesh?
- What did the idea of Satyagraha emphasise?
- Who created the first image of Bharat Mata?
- Name the personality who organised the Dalits into the Depressed Classes Association
- When was Non-Cooperation boycotted?
- Why was the Simon Commission boycotted?
- Why was the Kheda Satyagraha launched by Gandhiji?
- Name the person who worked for the revival of folk culture in Madras
- Who has first created the image of Bharat Mata?
- During which movement was the Indian tricolour flag designed?
- What is Hindu Mahasabha?
- When and where the demand for ‘Purna Swaraj’ was accepted by Congress?
- Why did the Non-Cooperation Movement gradually slow down in the cities?
- Who was Alluri Sitaram Raju?
- Name the Sabha headed by Jawahar Lal Nehru and Baba Ramchandra
- Besides Gandhiji who were the main leaders of the Khilafat Movement?