Question: Why did the servants think of Gandhiji to be another peasant? [CBSE Delhi 2010]
Answer: Gandhiji was a simple man and he used to dress in a dhoti, which was the dress the farmers in India used to wear. Hence, the servants thought Gandhiji to be another farmer.
- What is the source of the endless fountain and what is its effect? [CBSE (F) 2010, 2011]
- “… but after the airport’s security check, standing a few yards away, I looked again at her, wan, pale as a late winter’s moon…”
- “Driving from my parent's home to Cochin last Friday morning, I saw my mother, beside me, doze, open-mouthed, her face ashen like that of a corpse and realised with pain that she was as old as she looked but soon put that thought far away,...”
- How can suspension of activities help? [CBSE (AI) 2012]
- What were Kamala Das' fears as a child? Why do the fears surface when she is going to the airport? [CBSE (AI) 2011]
- 'It was a perfect place, she had always thought so.' Which is the place described and what made it so perfect?
- What did Sophie tell Jansie about her meeting with Danny Casey?
- What was the weekly pilgrimage in the story 'Going places'?
- Write Sophie's description of her first meeting with Danny Casey
- What did Sophie imagine about her meeting with Danny Casey?
- Why did Sophie like Danny Casey?
- What did Sophie tell Geoff about Danny Casey?
- What were Sophie's views about the vast world around her?
- What was the special fascination of the teenager, Sophie?
- “And she was jealous of his silence.” Why was Sophie jealous of Geoff's silence?
- What was Geoff doing and how did he go to his work?
- Why did Sophie wish to become an actress?
- What does the reference to chappals in 'Lost Spring' tell us about the economic condition of the rag pickers? [CBSE (AI) 2016]
- Describe the irony in Saheb's name. [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- How is the bangle industry of Firozabad a curse for the bangle makers?
- “It is his karam, his destiny”. What is Mukesh's family's attitude towards their situation? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- What does Saheb look for in the garbage dumps? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- What did garbage mean to the children of Seemapuri and to their parents? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- Why don't the younger ones of the bangle makers do anything else?
- What is the condition of the children working in the glass furnaces of Firozabad?