Question: Describe in brief how the print revolution affected the lifestyle of people.
Answer: Print revolution affected the lifestyle of people in many ways:
1. Because of print revolution, books could reach a wider population and were easily available.
2. Many people who disagreed with the established authority, and were not able to express their thoughts, could now easily publish what they felt.
3. What many thinkers wrote was now available to a wider population, so the thought process and opinions of many people changed.
4. Novels created an interest in women’s lives and their thoughts and aspirations.
5. Reading became common, as a result, literacy rates of the population increased. Books were printed for primary schools, service exams and other institutions. A children’s press was established in France in 1857 which published folk tales, fairy tales and other fables for children.