Question: Give three examples to show that the world changed with the discovery of new sea routes of America.
Answer: Before the 16th century, America was developing in isolation. With the
discovery of sea routes to America, its rich sources could be utilized in other parts of the world as well.
The 3 main changes that took place are as follows :
i) Peru and Mexico had many silver mines. These were then traded with the European countries. Many even began their expedition to El Dolarado, a fabled city of gold in South America.
ii) Portuguese and Spaniards had conquered a major part of America using firearms and germs of smallpox. Since, the people of America were living in isolation and had no immunity for it, most of the natives died. This led to an easier conquest.
iii) Religious conflicts began among different sections of society. The Europeans brought slaves from Africa to work in the large plantations set up by them in America. With the discovery of the sea route to America, goods and labour began moving westward.
- Which act gave the government power to suppress political activity and detain political prisoners without trial?
- Why was a new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam? What were the limitations or drawbacks of the new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam?
- "Early Vietnamese nationalists had a close relationship with Japan and China''. Support your answer with three examples
- Explain any four major challenges faced by the Democratic Republic of Vietnam
- Explain any three features of Scholar of Revolt in 1868 in Vietnam
- Who was the founder of Hoa Hao Movements? Explain his contribution to his country
- Explain the role of women in the anti-imperial struggle in Vietnam
- Describe the entry of the US into the Vietnam War
- What was the impact of the Great Depression of 1929 on Vietnam?
- Describe the various step taken by the French for dismantling the Chinese influence on Vietnam
- Who were indentured labours? What were the working conditions for them in Vietnam?
- What was the social and economic composition of Indo-China in early times?
- There were two broad opinions on the new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam?
- Write a short note on the book, ‘The History of the Loss of Vietnam’?