Question: How did the working population of London prove to be both, a threat and an opportunity?
Answer: Population of London proved to be an opportunity as:
1) It marked the way for industrialization.
2) Industrialization brought with it new technologies and science.
3) This helped in creating more job opportunities for the people.
4) It led to modernization and development in the society
5) It provided a wide network of a market to the common people.
The population proved to be a threat because:-
1) There was a huge number of people living in poor conditions.
2) The working sector of the people worked in unhygienic working conditions
3) Huge pressure was created for the people to meet societal challenges.
4) Due to the increased number of slums there was a rapid increase in diseases.
- Explain any three characteristics of the ‘Tonkin Free School’ in Vietnam
- Name a religious movement that was hostile to the Western presence in Vietnam
- Who was the founder of Revolutionary Society?
- Which actress had visited Vietnam and praised the people for their heroic effort?
- Who was declared as ‘Mad Bonze’ by the French?
- When was Vietnam unified?
- Who was Francis Garnier?
- The famous battle of Dien Bien Phu took place in which year?
- Which development of China that occurred in 1911 inspired the Vietnamese nationalist?
- Name the plantation which largely used Vietnamese labour
- What do you mean by the colon?
- When did the NLF occupy the presidential palace in Saigon?
- Which novel of Vietnam marked the arrival of the new women in Vietnamese society?
- When was the image of Vietnamese women transformed?
- Who were Trung's sisters? Who wrote a play based on the lives of the Trung sisters?
- Which were several barriers to economic growth in Vietnam? According to Paul Bernard?
- Which countries are known as the Indo-China region?
- What adequate steps should be taken to prevent pollution without hampering the development process?
- What do you mean by ‘Land Reclamation’? Explain the history of land reclamation in Bombay
- How did the working population of London prove to be both, a threat and an opportunity?
- What was the reason for the increasing concern of the city dwellers for providing houses for the poor? To what extent were these philanthropic in nature?
- Who was listed as criminals by Henry Mayhew and why were they called criminals? What steps did the authorities take to discipline them?
- What were the measures taken to decongest London during the 19th and 20th centuries?
- Which cities were known as Presidency cities?
- In which year, did Bombay become the capital of the Bombay Presidency?
- Which British king got Bombay as a dowry from the Portuguese?
- Who was the director of the film ‘Raja Harishchandra’?