Question: When did MNCs develop worldwide?
Answer: In 1602
Explanation: The first MNC is considered to be the Dutch East India Company, which was set up on 20 March 1602. It had set up its headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherland. It traded in India, the Asia-Pacific region and South Africa. It traded spices, porcelain, silk, meat, rice, sugarcane etc.
- 'The plantation workers in Assam had their own understanding of Mahatma Gandhi and the nation of Swaraj.' Support the statements with arguments
- How did the salt march become an effective tool of resistance against British colonial power?
- Explain the reaction of the business class towards the Civil Disobedience Movements
- Examine any four cultural processes through which Indian nationalism captured people’s imagination
- Why did the Muslim community not join the struggle during the Civil Disobedience Movements? Give reasons
- ‘A Satyagraha wins the battle through non-violence. Explain with examples
- Describe the various problem in unifying people in India by the end of the 19th century
- Why was Non-Cooperation a Powerful method of resistance?
- When and where did Mahatma Gandhi successfully organise Satyagraha Movements just after arriving in India?
- What is the meaning of the term ‘boycott’ in respect of national movement?
- What was the result of the Poona Pact of September 1932?
- Why did General Dyer open fire on the peaceful gathering at Jallianwala Bagh on 13th April 1919?
- During the period of Non-Cooperation Movements, who claimed to have a special power, could heal people and survive bullet shots?