Question: An electric discharge is passed through a mixture containing 50 c.c. of O₂ and 50 c.c. of H₂. The volume of the gases formed
(i) at room temperature and
(ii) at 1100C will be
(a) (i) 25 c.c. (ii) 50 c.c.
(b) (i) 50 c.c. (ii) 75 c.c.
(c) (i) 25 c.c. (ii) 75 c.c.
(d) (i) 75 c.c. (ii) 75 c.c.
Correct Answer: (c) (i) 25 c.c. (ii) 75 c.c.
- The element whose a atom has mass of 10.86 x 10^-26 kg is
- A 400 mg iron capsule contains 100 mg of ferrous fumarate, (CHCOO)₂Fe. The percentage of iron pasent in it is approximately
- Caffeine has a molecular weight of 194. If it contains 28.9% by mass of nitrogen, number of atoms of nitrogen in one molecule of caffeine is
- If the density of water is 1 g cm³ then the volume occupied by one molecule of water is approximately [Pb. PMT 2004]
- What volume of NH₃ gas at STP would be needed to prepare 100ml of 2.5 molal (2.5m) ammonium hydroxide solution
- What is the weight of oxygen required for the complete combustion of 2.8 kg of ethylene [CBSE PMT 1989]
- The weight of a molecule of the compound C₆₀H₁₂₂ is [AIIMS 2000]
- The specific heat of a metal is 0.16 its approximate atomic weight would be
- The number of molecule at NTP in 1 ml of an ideal gas will be
- What should be the equivalent weight of phosphorous acid, if P=31; O=16; H=1
- If we consider that 1/6, in place of 1/12, mass of carbon atom is taken to be the relative atomic mass unit, the mass of one mole of a substance will [AIEEE 2005]
- Ratio of Cₚ and Cᵥ of a gas X is 1.4, the number of atom of the gas ‘X’ present in 11.2 litres of it at NTP will be [CBSE 1999]
- How much coulomb charge is present on 1g ion of N^-3
- 1.520 g of the hydroxide of a metal on ignition gave 0.995 gm of oxide. The equivalent weight of metal is [DPMT 1984]
- Rearrange the following (I to IV) in the order of increasing masses and choose the correct answer from (a), (b), (c) and (d) (Atomic mass: N=14, O=16, Cu=63)