Question: The First World War created dramatically a new situation for Indian. Analyse how this happened by giving three situations.
Answer: World War 1 had a dramatic effect on India. This can be analysed by:
1. The British mills started focussing on the needs of the war, so imports to India declined.
2. Indian mills now had a vast home market to supply its goods.
3. The war needs were also given to the Indian mills to cater to.
4. New mills were set-up, and the earlier ones were running for a large number of hours.
5. New workers were employed, and more and more people were employed as the demand for cotton increased dramatically.