Question: Explain the role of women writer in designing the structure of the subsequent society of the contemporary period.
1. The print culture that surfaced in the world affected the population on a very large scale. The women writers helped in making big changes in the contemporary period of India.
2. Because of print, now books could reach a wider population and were easily available to everyone. Many women started writing their thoughts.
3. Women started to express their thoughts and opinions because of the exposure to print and awareness. Even after so many restrictions and taboos some rebel women fought and read what they wanted to.
4. Even after a lot of restrictions and taboos, some rebel women fought and read what they wanted to read.
5. There is a story of a North-Indian girl who was forbidden by her family to read. She was only allowed to read in Arabic-Quran as a result of which she read secretly. She also wrote a book which was published by herself. Astonishingly it was found that the language she wrote was not what her family permitted, but she wrote in the language she was interested in.
6. Then there is the story of a woman named Rashsundari Devi who was brutally suppressed by her family. She was never allowed to read and write, so she secretly read in her and later wrote a book AMAR JIBAN and published it. Thus, these great women by letting their thoughts out got involved in changing society and affecting it by giving their contribution.