Question: Why did the price of jute fall between 1928 and 1934?
Answer: The period between 1928 to 1934 is called the Great Depression. India had also faced severe effects of this. Bengal was a major state producing jute. Jute was used to make gunny bags. With the depression period, the demand for gunny bags fell. This, in turn, led to a fall in the price of jute by almost 60 per cent.
- Which act gave the government power to suppress political activity and detain political prisoners without trial?
- Why was a new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam? What were the limitations or drawbacks of the new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam?
- "Early Vietnamese nationalists had a close relationship with Japan and China''. Support your answer with three examples
- Explain any four major challenges faced by the Democratic Republic of Vietnam
- Explain any three features of Scholar of Revolt in 1868 in Vietnam
- Who was the founder of Hoa Hao Movements? Explain his contribution to his country
- Explain the role of women in the anti-imperial struggle in Vietnam
- Describe the entry of the US into the Vietnam War
- What was the impact of the Great Depression of 1929 on Vietnam?
- Describe the various step taken by the French for dismantling the Chinese influence on Vietnam
- Who were indentured labours? What were the working conditions for them in Vietnam?
- What was the social and economic composition of Indo-China in early times?
- There were two broad opinions on the new education policy introduced by the French in Vietnam?
- Write a short note on the book, ‘The History of the Loss of Vietnam’?