“This is your last French lesson.” How did Franz react to this declaration of M.Hamel?
Answer: When M.Hamel declared that it was their last French lesson a grim realisation dawned on Franz that he had so much more yet to learn. He felt sorry for whiling away his time and skipping his lessons. Now he did not want to part with his books, which he had earlier considered a nuisance. He was also deeply pained at the thought that M.Hamel was leaving.
- Gandhiji won the struggle for Champaran specifically because of his good leadership qualities. Write a paragraph on ‘Qualities of a good leader’
- ‘Dialogue and not violence can resolve situations of conflict and injustice.’ Prove the statement with reference to the lesson Indigo. [CBSE Sample Paper 2016]
- Though Rajkumar Shukla was an illiterate peasant; he was resolute and was able to bring a change in the lives of the people of Champaran
- Exploitation is a universal phenomenon. The poor indigo farmers were exploited by the British landlords to which Gandhiji objected. Even after our independence
- How was the Champaran episode a big success? Elucidate
- Give an account of Gandhiji’s efforts to secure justice for the poor indigo sharecroppers of Champaran. [CBSE (AI) 2012]
- Which factors helped the fear-stricken peasants of Champaran to achieve freedom? [CBSE (F) 2010]
- Why did Gandhiji consider freedom from fear more important than legal justice for the poor peasants of Champaran? [CBSE Sample Paper 2016]
- Why did Rajkumar Shukla invite Gandhiji to Champaran? How did Gandhiji solve the problem of the indigo farmers? [CBSE (AI) 2013]
- The Champaran episode was a turning point in Gandhiji’s life. Elucidate. [CBSE (AI) 2013]
- How will ‘keeping quiet’ protect our environment? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- Why does one feel ‘a sudden strangeness’ on counting to twelve and keeping quiet? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- ‘Life is what it is all about; . . .’ How is keeping quietly related to life? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- What will counting up to twelve and keeping still help us achieve? [CBSE Delhi 2015]
- According to the poet, what is that human beings can learn from nature? [CBSE (AI) 2010]
- How can suspension of activities help? [CBSE (AI) 2012]
- What is ‘the fisherman’ symbolic of?
- When everything seems dead, what remains alive?
- What are the different kinds of wars mentioned in the poem? What is Neruda’s attitude towards these wars? [CBSE (AI) 2013]
- “Under the apparent stillness, there is life.” Justify this statement by giving an example from the poem, ‘Keeping Quiet’. [CBSE (F) 2010]
- How does M. Hamel prove to be an ideal teacher? [CBSE Sample Paper 2015]
- What does M. Hamel say about the French language? What did he urge his students and villagers to do?
- “We’ve all a great deal to reproach ourselves with.” Why did M. Hamel blame the parents and himself too for not showing due attention and care to the learning of French?