Who was the owner of Ramsjö iron mills? Why did he visit the mills at night? [CBSE (AI) 2012]
Answer: The owner of that mill was a very prominent ironmaster. His greatest ambition was to ship out good iron to the market. He insisted on quality and kept a watch on the work round the clock. He came to the forge on one of his nightly rounds of inspection.
- Gandhiji won the struggle for Champaran specifically because of his good leadership qualities. Write a paragraph on ‘Qualities of a good leader’
- ‘Dialogue and not violence can resolve situations of conflict and injustice.’ Prove the statement with reference to the lesson Indigo. [CBSE Sample Paper 2016]
- Though Rajkumar Shukla was an illiterate peasant; he was resolute and was able to bring a change in the lives of the people of Champaran
- Exploitation is a universal phenomenon. The poor indigo farmers were exploited by the British landlords to which Gandhiji objected. Even after our independence
- How was the Champaran episode a big success? Elucidate
- Give an account of Gandhiji’s efforts to secure justice for the poor indigo sharecroppers of Champaran. [CBSE (AI) 2012]
- Which factors helped the fear-stricken peasants of Champaran to achieve freedom? [CBSE (F) 2010]
- Why did Gandhiji consider freedom from fear more important than legal justice for the poor peasants of Champaran? [CBSE Sample Paper 2016]
- Why did Rajkumar Shukla invite Gandhiji to Champaran? How did Gandhiji solve the problem of the indigo farmers? [CBSE (AI) 2013]
- The Champaran episode was a turning point in Gandhiji’s life. Elucidate. [CBSE (AI) 2013]
- How will ‘keeping quiet’ protect our environment? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- Why does one feel ‘a sudden strangeness’ on counting to twelve and keeping quiet? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- ‘Life is what it is all about; . . .’ How is keeping quietly related to life? [CBSE (AI) 2015]
- What will counting up to twelve and keeping still help us achieve? [CBSE Delhi 2015]
- According to the poet, what is that human beings can learn from nature? [CBSE (AI) 2010]
- How can suspension of activities help? [CBSE (AI) 2012]
- What is ‘the fisherman’ symbolic of?
- When everything seems dead, what remains alive?
- What are the different kinds of wars mentioned in the poem? What is Neruda’s attitude towards these wars? [CBSE (AI) 2013]
- “Under the apparent stillness, there is life.” Justify this statement by giving an example from the poem, ‘Keeping Quiet’. [CBSE (F) 2010]
- How does M. Hamel prove to be an ideal teacher? [CBSE Sample Paper 2015]
- What does M. Hamel say about the French language? What did he urge his students and villagers to do?
- “We’ve all a great deal to reproach ourselves with.” Why did M. Hamel blame the parents and himself too for not showing due attention and care to the learning of French?